My flight to Paris was via DC this time and left at 6:45 in the morning from SF. Because it was so early, I thought it would be a good idea to stay up the whole night. I thought wrong, I was exhqusted for the whole trip. And even though we left in plenty of time, we (my parents and I) waited at the wrong terminal for 45 mintues. So then we wait in line to check in, but because my trip is for so long, it won't let me, so we have to wait some more. After finally getting checked in I waited in the security line, and of corse chose the slower one ( I think i get that trait from my dad...) When I finally made it on the plane, there was no more overhead room, but I didn't want to check in my carry-on because it had my computers and everything. Luckily I finally found room at the back of the plane, despite the fact that the man in front of me put TWO suitases in the overhead compartment!!
After an uneventful layover in DC I was on the plane to CDG; which went without incident except for a man next to me literally yelling at the flight attendents, which of course woke me up, making me not a happy camper, as you can imagine. When the plane landed I was happy to get out of the airport and make sure my bags had made it safely, which they did but unfortunately they were the last ones of of the plane!
With my bags baack again in my posession, I went outside to try and meet the shuttle ( I reserved a shuttle this time because I didn't want a repeat of the Paris Metro, a year and a half ago, so I gladly paid the 15 more to not deal with all of my luggage on the metro). I had booked. After 30 minutes of wandering around with EVERYTHING I finally found the shuttle. Only to be greeted with very cranky passengers because I guess they had been waiting for 90 minutes. Oh well... The shuttle dropped me off first at the gare de l'est, where my train to Metz was departing from.
The 87 mintue train between the two cities was uneventful and I was met at the train station by a teacher who drove me to the foyer where I will be staying while in Mtz.
No comments:
Post a Comment