Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nuit Blanche

Tonight was Metz's thrid annual Nuit Blanche, which is translated in sleepless night. It started at 6PM and went to 6AM (I only made it to 1AM). Basically they opened up art installations all around the city, whether it was performance art, synchronized swimming, light shows, or paintings. It was a nice way to visit the city. They also opened up buildings that are not usually open, like the Hotel de Ville.

I went with a girl, Megan, I met early in the week, her roommate Sophie (a German assistant), Ilaria (Italian assistant), and Patrick (another American assistant). It was nice to meet other assistants who live in Metz, or around Metz.

We all went to the synchronized swimming which was interesting to say the least, because sometimes it was just one person. And I ask myself if that can really be considered synchronized... But oh well. We also saw a church that was transformed into a night club. There were giant balls of light suspended from the ceiling and different DJs would come and spin for a bit. It was all pretty interesting.

No comments: