She then invited me to dinner at her place and I said I would love, I just wanted to unpack a bit. So she went back to school to teach, while I unpacked and then promptly passed out. Apparently I was dead to the world because she waited for me on the street, where we agreed on, but then knocked on my door many different times. So I woke up when someone came into my room, because they weren't sure if I was even there or if I was sick, speaking French. I was so confused, I didn't even realize where I was or when it was. I was SO tired. Well after we all worked out that I was alive and did want to go to dinner, we left.
I had a great time at dinner at my teacher's house, she lives out like in Montbonnot, in a house right next to her parents. Her daughter was at dinner, she works for SNCF (the national train company). My teacher then dropped me back off at my place, after she showed me a bit of Metz.
The first couple of days I just walked around Metz, trying to find a grocery store, buying a cell phone, just getting acquainted with the town and figuring out where everything is. It didn't take long though because Metz isn't very big =)
I went to school on the 27th to meet the Proviseur (the principle) and all of the administrative people to do some of the paperwork to make sure that I will get paid. It was funny because I was waiting outside the gates of the school and my teacher didn't even recognize me because she thought I was a student (I don't think this will be the last time this happens)
No comments:
Post a Comment