Thursday, November 11, 2010

Armistice Day


YAY for France having a lot of holidays! Today we had of because of the end of World War I. However, since everything in France would be closed, Megan and I decided to leave and go to Luxembourg for the day (Yes, you read that right I just hopped over to another country for the afternoon).

The trains were running fairly often because half of Metz works in Luxembourg, since Luxembourg has the highest minimum wage in all of the EU, but it is expensive to live there. So many Messins commute everyday, about 130 Kms every day round trip (imagine that!)

Luxembourg was an interesting little country, it's weird that it's so close but English is way more common than in France. Also they have their own weird dialect Luxemburgish.

But it was a great little day trip. We went to the city's museum to learn more about Luxembourg.




No comments: