Thursday, November 25, 2010

OFII Medical Visit/Thanksgiving


OFII or Office de Francais Immigration et Integration (French Office of Immigration and Integration) makes all foreigners have a medical visit in order to validate their visa. My visit was scheduled for Thanksgiving, which was a little good and a little bad. That way I didn't have to go to class, but it meant I had to go to that. Luckily everyone had the same appointment so we had to all go together. It was painless but a little weird, but I passed and am now able leave France and come back =) They did have to add this ugly stamp into my passport, but c'est la vie.

For Thanksgiving, the Americans decided to cook dinner for all of the other assistants. It took a bit of searching, but we found a turkey. A whopping 4 kilos! And only 12 euros a kilo, what a steal! hahaha Turkies are more of a Christmas meal in France, so they aren't as common at this time so we had to special order one. So for the meal I made biscuits, garlic mashed potatos, and a peacan pie. While Megan made homemade stuffing, sweet potatos, and a broccoli casserole, while Pat cooked the turkey (I helped but he did all the dirty work). Overall it turned out really well, the other assistants really seemed to enjoy their first Thanksgiving. It was really nice to share something American with the others.

So all and all I think it was a successful Thanksgiving =)



The table is set for Thanksgiving!

No comments: