Thursday, March 19, 2009

Football Game and Midterms

All this week we have to take "examens blancs" which are basically just midterms that don't count for your grade, which I think is kind of lame. However, it is nice to see what kind of questions will be on the final.

I took one on Tuesday and it was pretty ridiculous. There were 6 pictures of what I think were French presidents but I am not sure and we had to identify four of them and describe them a little. So hopefully the ones I said were actually in the pictures =) I might take one today if I am able to get to the campus because there is another national greve so the buses might not be running today, which sucks, but I guess that is okay because I can always take it tomorrow. Then I have two more next Tuesday inmy Business and Translation class, but again they don't count, which is nice.

Last night I went to a football (soccer) game with my host brother, his friend, and me friend Julia. It was Grenoble against Monaco in the quarter/finals for the French league or something like that. It was a lot of fun, the fans a crazy though. There is a special area for the away team's fans in this cage like place so that they don't get in fights with the home team's fans and there were a bunch of police in riot gear and security gaurds with metalboxes with sand in them in case there are flares. They were definitely prepared for anything to happen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, michelle, no grades count while abroad! silly rabbit!