Thursday, January 22, 2009

Classes and the Inauguration

My French classes have officially begun and my first impressions are not so good. But it has only been the second day so we shall see what happens. The afternoon (culture) classes have been really interesting so far and it'll be difficult to chose which one to go to.

On Tuesday Cat and I went to her house to watch the inauguration of Obama and because it was live we thought there would just be French subtitles but then they were dubbing the speech so we had to watch it on her computer while her host sisters watched it on the TV.

Afterward we went out to celebrate Cat's birthday and by the end of the night it was just Cat and I left and we decided to walk a little bit to save some taxi money but when we tried calling a taxi, it said that the number was wrong even though I had already used to number once. So at this point we are no where near downtown and a tram passed by so we hopped on it in the hopes that it was going downtown so we could regroup. However, this tram took us to someplace where we had never been. So being completely lost we starting freaking out, but luckily as we were about to have panic attacks, Cat saw a taxi and jumped in front of it.

So today is the only day of the week that I have 8:3o class and I was all prepared but I forgot to set my alarm clock last night. So when I woke up and it was light outside I was freaking out and saw that it was 8:30. I ran to put clothes and ran to the bus (twisting my ankle in the process). However, the little bus was late so I had to wait for another bus to come and then I got on. However, this bus although it was the same number did not go to the campus and since I had no idea where I was I stayed on the bus until the end of the line and finally the bus driver asks me where I wanted to go. When I told him he started shaking his head and then went into a restaurant for a while for his break. However, when the bus finally did go to the campus he opened the doors and let me out at the building where my class was even though it wasn't a bus stop.

I made it class for the last 30 minutes and then the teacher asks why I was late so I had to explain my stupidity in front of the whole class =/

1 comment:

emie said...

michelle! i'm sorry that your adventures in france are not always entirely fun. everday, i wish that you were still in seattle :( hope to see you on skype soon!