In order to get the full "Marche de Noel" experience, Ilaria, Megan, Patrick, and I decided to go to the one in Strasbourg as everyone says that it is the biggest and the best as the one in Metz is a little touristy. So the day started off early with an 8 AM train. Which was good because all of the trains were running late because of the snow, so if we had taken a later train, it would have meant less time in Strasbourg.
The one thing I will say about Strasbourg it is COLD! I was freezing the whole entire time, but the marche de Noel was a lot of fun. There was more to look at (and buy) and the cuisine in Strasbourg is different and definitely helps warm one up =) Basically a lot of cheese and bread, you can't really go wrong with that!
Ilaria and I in front of one of the stands at the Christmas Market
In Strasbourg, there is this Cathedral that is PINK (because it is made out of pink stone) and inside it has this giant clock and at every 12:30PM all these little animitronics come out and do things, unfortunately we were an hour late. But this clock is amazing it can tell you everything about what is happening in the world, it says where all the planets are.
Part of the clock I mentioned
At the end of walking around we (I) decided to go to this bar called "L'academie de bieres" (The Beer Academy), that has just about any beer ever in the bar. It was pretty cool, I ordered some beer from a tap and the glass was rounded on the bottom. It was a little difficult to figure out at first.
And then we had to catch the train, which was late! All in all not a bad way to spend a day =)
No comments:
Post a Comment